Friday, September 23, 2011

Dan's Week 3 Predictions

As always with Dan's predictions the words chosen and ideals and beliefs posted below are that of Dan Clemson and Dan Clemson alone. They do not reflect the values and opinions of the "Season Don't Fear the Reaper" blog. With that being said please enjoy. - Death  
 
 
It's here.  The week the Ravens fans and the FIFA players look forward to and they just so happen to fall on the same weekend.  This weekend half our league will be traveling to St. Louis to watch the Ravens take on the Rams and FIFA 12 launches on the 27th.  I officially dub this week "FIFA WEEK".

FIFA Matchup #1
Death v Hittner
Man City vs Villa, do they play this weekend too? That would be awesome..... ahhh they don't, City plays Everton and Villa has QPR, that would've been perfect.  Either way it's going to be win-win for one of these teams, not only will the winner gain their first W of the season and take the first step to crawl out of the basement of the league, they will also win a copy of the new FIFA 12 which will be purchased by the loser of this match up!  As for the history of these two, there's only been one meeting and Hittner went on to an easy 107.36 - 65.02.  The projections show that this time around should be a little closer.  When it comes down to it, I think this is like Hope Solo and Steve Nash playing FIFA, Death is Hope and Hittner is Nash.  Hope wins.... but Hittner is like a Gorilla.... and a Leopard..... (I have no idea if this even makes sense but I had to use the clip)

W - Death
L - Hittner



FIFA Matchup #2
Pitz v Dan
I'm going to go ahead and roll the dice with the fantasy gods here.  We all know how this one went last year, "My trade didn't go through, my trade didn't go through..... FIFA-gate, blah blah blah."  Fact is, that has been our only meeting in this league and I cruised to a 13 point victory and a fresh copy of the newest FIFA (This would be the first of several times Pitz bought FIFA last year).  This year is a different story.  Pitz has proclaimed himself as GM of the year for last season (How you can be GM of the year by not making the playoffs, leading the league in most weeks with the lowest score, and having the second longest losing streak at 7 games is beyond me.  If this were the NFL he wouldn't be GM of the year, he'd be unemployed). He has bulked up though and is a legitimate threat for this years crown, I'll give him that, just not GM of the year (if it were put to a vote I would vote Hittner, just fyi).  I think it's going to come down to hoping for high numbers from Mike Wallace during the late Sunday game as Pitz and I watch at.... THIS place!  Here's to hoping Wallace screws Pitz 2 years running.

W - Dan
L - Pitz



Peach v Kirby
The last time these two met Kirby put up his worst score of all time with 61.98 points.  This time around Kirby looks to have the easy win lined up after coming off a nail biter against Alec.  Kirby will be watching the Pitt D take the field Sunday evening, probably on his couch, might even fall asleep, while Death, Pitz, Jason, Lars, Hittner, and I are acting like these guys when we walk into the bar mentioned in the prediction above (I can see Matt skipping and clapping like the guy on the left).  As for Peach.... the only person that could give you advice for this fantasy season is Ari Gold.

W - Kirby
L - Peach



Alec v Lars "Grundy Street Brawl"
Case and point, I'm looking forward to this one.  Both teams projected at less then 80 points right now, which means this one will live up to it's name and be a brawl.  The other reason I'm looking forward to it is because I'll actually be with Mike Larsen during football games, which:
  1. Has never happened for me before.
  2. I'll have hit my yearly quota for seeing Larsen for the next five years.
  3. We can talk about Arsenal.
Now I propose that these two take part in the FIFA bets as well.  It's win-win.  Think about it: this solves the household battle of who is the guy that has to buy the game, it makes an already heated matchup even more meaningful, and (I know from experience) when you win a FIFA matchup you get to have one of THESE moments!

W - Lars
L - Alec



Will v Stilt
Two of our travelers from last years away game that won't be joining us.  I'm deeply hurt by this.  Both of these guys provided amazing entertainment last year.  Will decided to do a stage dive in the Georgia Dome on a row of unsuspecting people in the row in front of us last year during the 3rd quarter.  Stilt fed us the most epic "icing" I have ever seen on a Falcons fan and then throws up in a trashcan in front of thousands of people after the game.... I'm going to miss you two.  Lars, Pitz, Hittner - Take note.  This is what you have to live up to.  Stilt claims he's working six 12 hour days until mid October.  I talked to his girlfriend, Corinne, she said he is barely working at all and is acting like this guy, except he's not attending.  As for the matchup, Stilt has reason for concern, 33% of ALL of Wills wins EVER have come against him.  If Will wins this game, 50% of all his wins will have come against Stilt (I'll help you with the math, 2 of 4 total wins).  Will is staring at a winning record for the first time.  Unfortunately Stilts team is stacked and his golden locks flow in the wind like Denise Richards (I'm sorry Death but I got such a boner from when you used it, I had to use it again.  Take it as a compliment.)

W - Stilt
L - Will



Titus v Jason
Year 1 Titus and Jason combined for the 5th lowest combine score with Titus getting a lucky win 65.44 - 56.14, 121.58 total points.  This year, looking at projected stats, could land them on the highest combined score list, both are projected at just under 100 points.  It's not difficult for me to root for Jason here.  He'll be with me in St. Louis and c'mon it's Titus, the only time I have cheered for Titus was when I was going to CHS soccer games.  Worst part about this trip and matchup (for Jason) is he's playing the guy that has Ray Rice.  Nothing worse then being at an away game and not being able to cheer completely for a player on your favorite team.  Which makes me wonder.... Did Hittner bench Bradford so he didn't have to cheer for him while we're in St. Louis and how ironic is it that SJAX is injured for Death, is he happy or sad about this?  Would Death have benched SJAX?  I have to believe he'd still start him.  Anyway... I hope to see Jason at 3 - 0, but at the same time I don't think I could handle that the guy that got iced 6 times at the draft is undefeated.

W - Titus
L - Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment