Friday, September 16, 2011

Dan's Week 2 Picks

Disclaimer notice. The words written below are the beliefs of Dan Clemson and Dan Clemson alone. The ideals are not a reflection of the creator of this blog and said party should not be held accountable for these ideals. Thank you much and I hope you enjoy the show.

                                                                                                                     - Death

What a difference a year makes!  It's been only one week but already the standings from last year have been flipped.  The three highest point accumulators of last year are sitting in 10th, 11th, and 12th which includes the reigning Champion and runner-up.  Now I get a lot of flack referring back to previous seasons but it really has been a changing of the powers and even though this season looks like it will be a struggle for some of last years powers, I do enjoy the shake up.  Last week my fantasy team was knocking off the proverbial "rust" as were my predicting skills.  The two predictions I got right, Pitz over Death, because although it is a new season Death seems content to continually take chances on young talent (how's Daniel Thomas as your second overall pick feeling?) and scoring in the mid 80's.  I also picked the Stilt beating Peach outcome, which Stilt claims was "as easy as taking a retards lunch money".  Obviously Stilt is quite the activist for treating children with trisomy 21 or down syndrome equally.

Week 2 gives us two 0-1's battling it out to avoid the bottom of the table and one set of undefeated's attempting to strike an early fear in the league.

Dan's Match-up of the Week

Death v Dan
I don't usually like picking myself for match-up of the week but this is one that I star on my calender like when the Ravens play the Steelers or the Caps play the Penguins (you like that FOHS guys?  Because it's hockey related and you guys like hockey.... never mind).  Now Death and I may not have shown early signs of league domination, but this rivalry goes all the back to pre-school.  I don't like his FF philosophy's, he doesn't like that I always win, I'm distance, he's sprint, I'm conservative, he's extreme.  Both teams are coming off disappointing first week losses and need a win to keep Year 2 from spiralling into an 0-2 ditch.  If I have one thing on my side it's history.  In the previous 2 meetings I have won both, one resulting in the smallest margin of victory in our league, .88 points, and a Jonas Brothers license plate cover on the back of Death's explorer.  My only question for Death is: What is our bet?  We have two regular season games this year, I'm willing to listen.  
Oh yeah the pick......

W - Dan
L - Death



Peach v Will
Two other teams that lost last week and are off to 0-1 starts, at least Will didn't get called a retard.  Losing week one is not the only thing these teams have in common.  Both rely heavily on two key positions.  Will with Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings, Peach with his WR's (Peach I sent you an email and trade request, wtf man?).  In sporting terms the last time these two met would've been equivalent to a 3-0 football game.  You walk out of the stadium thinking "Shit, I just spent $100 a ticket for that".  Last year when these two met it was as if they thought they were playing golf.  Peach snuck away with the victory 54.22 to Will's 43.20, combining for the leagues lowest combine score of 97.42 points (Granted no individual teams beat that combined score in week 8 of last year, there were four teams above 95 points).  Will we see more of the same from last years meeting?  All signs point to.......YES!

W - Will
L - Peach



Alec v Kirby "Battle of Baltimore"
We really should have a wrestling belt with the reigning Baltimore team earning rights to it (Yes Death would be included in that "weight class".  Would Lars?  I leave that to you guys.).  Alec came out of the gates strong last week riding a great performance by Tommy Touchdown.  Kirby had high predicted stats that weren't lived up to and ran into an Adrian Titus that looked set to do nothing but RAMPAGE!  Either way you slice it Kirby faces a team for the second straight week with some form of the word "grundle" in their team name and that has to give you cause for concern.

W - Alec
L - Kirby



Pitz v Stilt "Engagement of the Engineers"
Both teams off to a tremendous start, this should be the match-up of the week but, too bad for you guys, I'm biased.  Week 1 saw Stilt put up a punishing 117.56 points (his highest score ever, thanks to Wes Welker), only to be outscored by Titus in the entire league, which led to more of Titus loving himself in the mirror.  Pitz was no slouch either with 20+ point performances from Vick and Forte taking him to 101.18 week 1 performance.  This is probably the most difficult to predict, either team could either explode or implode with their match-ups this week but I have to go with.....

W - Stilt
L - Pitz



Hittner v Jason
Didn't think I'd say this but, Jason actually has a solid team.  If he consistently puts up points like he did week one (99.12) he could be a very difficult to get a W against this year.  Guess I'll just sit and wait for him to drop Vincent Jackson to restore my faith in him and fantasy football.  Hittner, even though having a rough week one, is not to be taken lightly.  If you remember last year he had a slow start and ended the season demolishing the league in route to a 2nd place finish.  This will be a good test for his team taking on a team Jason obviously took a lot of thought into building.

W - Hittner
L - Jason



Titus v Lars
Winner of this one goes to 2-0 and off to a great start for year 2.  This isn't uncharted territory for Titus, he was here last year too.  Lars on the other hand is probably more concerned with this weekends EPL fixtures, I can't blame him, Cheslea v ManU, the 1 time a year I'm a Blues fan!  Unfortunately for us Titus looks to be the team to beat this year, but the real losers aren't us.  I feel the worst for his wife who has to endure an entire season of Titus prancing around the house in his underwear singing Right Said Fred songs.

W - Titus
L - Lars (But Arsenal will win so he breaks even)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment