Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Adam Hittner 2011 Prediction page

Well, well, well look how we have grown. AD has expressed an interest in contributing to the blog, so ladies and gentleman for Chicago's made Adam Hittner opportunity knocks!

 Alright, so everybody else (ok just Death and Dan) get to share their thoughts regularly with the IDP world, so I decided to take a turn. What we have here are 15 Predictions for the 2011-2012 IDP Fantasy Football League (cue applause....) I intend to review at the end of the year and see how I did, even if nobody else cares!

Having never done this before, I don't really have a rhyme or rhythm to what I'm doing, just kind of throwing everything out there. I am 66 words into this and I have ALREADY gained a new respect for Death/Dan churning out entertaining, well thought out emails every week, (and of course Simmons and the TMR). My intention is to touch on a little bit of everything, and then to try to come up with some creative BS to help me get to 15 predictions. Why 15? Because I ran out of mediocre ideas! (sidenote: Pitz, if I incorrectly use commas or apostrophes, I do not care). TO THE PREDICTIONS!

Number 1:
The following teams will make the playoffs:
Grundle Stains...They are good, and deep, this guy has Marques Colston on the bench, with Joseph Addai...that's a #1 WR and a feature RB...asshole
Do You Like Apples?...Like there was ANY chance I wouldn't choose my own team? C'mon JC2K has a nice ring to it! And young Sammy Bradford will carry the team at times (but not from the bench in week 3)
Corn on the Kolb...He was hosed last year, repeatedly, you don't get that unlucky two years in a row, a good team that may be better, just imagine if he had Vick
Black Rice...The defending champs will absolutely be in the conversation this year. While perhaps not the favorites right now, when his RBs remove head from ass, life will be good...
Grundy Grabbers...Possibly the best keeper trifecta in IDP this past year, though he needs Peyton back to help out Reggie Wayne...ADP has to be the favorite right now for top scoring RB
Flounder Pounders...It will be a slow, painful start, but a young team with a lot of potential. When Ingram and Thomas start getting the bulk of carries they will take off. Also, I do buy the Jahvid hype, he can catch too, and Stafford has looked solid...his choice of Lions D could also be one of his better drunken mistakes ever...

Number 2:
They will be seeded as listed above...

Number 3:
IDP Draft 2012 Beer bitch honors will be bestowed upon...Peach...Poor guy has a crippled QB (and didn't he take him #1 overall because of durability?) and he starts two Running Backs who don't even start for their own teams. Get to him early and often Gents! Could be a tough year for the Peach. If he goes 0-13 does he get a special shout-out on PTI?

Number 4:
Losers of FIFAbet week. The FIFA challenge will be occurring in week 3 for those who partake...Predictions (for every game that week, just because)

Apples Over the Pounders (While perhaps Death's best shot at an early season W, some very favorable matchups on my side, and some very young RB's who do not get enough touches yet for the Flounder)
Black Rice Over Tip Drill ( a great set of matchups for both teams, will be high scoring)
Grundle Stains over Wu Rule #1 (a great team name in 1997)
Grundy Grabbers over the Gunners (too many G names here, seriously)
Corn on the Kolb over The Tolbert Report (I didn't even LOOK at the matchups for this one)
ThePrincess over Crash and Burn (that might not be Stilt's name, but I'm going with it anyways)

Number 5:
Biggest Improvement
Jason Pack will actually read e-mails sometime this year, and will not drop his highest scoring player...

Number 6:
Biggest Improvement (Record Wise)
Corn on the Kolb...I see a jump from 5-8 to 8-5 or perhaps even better than that...Two Underrated Rbs Gore and Hillis (fuck you to everyone who wouldn't give up a 3rd round pick for him) WRs with HUGE potential the best TE in the game and a rookie who gets to play opposite of Roddy White. The best part about Kirby's team? He got Iced 3 times for trying to draft 3 players I had already taken!
Number 7:
Biggest Dropoff
Black Rice...Not because they aren't good, but because they might not be 11-2 good. Although one day soon ALL of his players should be alive and practicing...Play Dan EARLY in the season

Number 8:
Most Angry E-mails
Marc Pitonzo! Why? His team is definitely better, but it might not make a big enough difference. I still see him watching the Championship playoffs. But maybe that's because I don't buy Michael Vick replicating last year's hot streak for 16 games. My feelings on LeGarrette Blount change daily, and I hope Mike Wallace suffers a career ending injury...On the bright side Pitz ALREADY has two IR players, both rookie backup running backs.

Number 9:
Highest Scoring Player:
Aaron Rodgers...Ohh you tricky little Crash and Burn. Superstar QB, and his #1 receiver...Enjoy those double dips my friend...I got to enjoy the Aaron Rodgers experience for 5 weeks plus playoffs last year, and believe me, it was INCREDIBLE. He throws, he runs he scores, it's just incredible. And he brings back a healthy, freakish talent of a TE...If Will pays attention, he will be a factor this year.

Number 10:
Upset Alert:
Major Upset that WILL happen:
Week 1: Wu Rule #1 over Black Rice...a GREAT set of circumstances for Jason, great matchups for him, question marks at 2 RB spots and 2 WR spots for Dan...When they play again later in the year, this will be a blowout the other way, but in week 1, Mr. Pack should take down the defending champ!

I wanted to find more of these, but I also don;t want to do REAL research here. Just shooting from the hip! Just know I think both Jason and Will are going to be MUCH more “frisky” this year

Number 11:
Death starts out 0-4, and does not take it well. I predicted him for a playoff spot earlier, and his team will improve significantly over the course of the season. But it is a TOUGH early road for him. I think he can swing 6-3 or 7-2 to close out the regular season and challenge for the playoff spot. I gave him the #6 above, I am worried about that prediction now, but no need to change it.

Number 12:
Playoff Matchups:
Round 1:
Kolb over Flounder
Rice over Grundy

I truly believe that Alec's team is one of the best right now. But I don't think he will do enough via waivers or trades to improve it over the season, whereas Dan will. And while I believe Death's team will be strong later in the year, Kirby's team is awesome in my eyes, although his bench is frighteningly thin. A 3rd string RB from the Redskins, and the Michael Crabtree experiment to not bode well as injury replacements.

Number 13:
SEMIFINALS:
Grundle Stains over Black Rice
Do You Like Apples? Over Corn on the Kolb

Titus' team bothers me, probably because I am sick of getting annihilated by him in Fifa, only to see him take over IDP. The beating he laid on Alec's team to end last year may be a small sign of things to come.
Also, I am hoping someone from Kirby's team gets hurt at some point, and then I can go to the Championship again.

Number 14:
CHAMPIONSHIP:
Fucking Titus... Grundle Stains over Do You Like Apples
1. The last thing we really need is to get drilled by Titus all season long. Those of us that play Fifa know the feeling. 2. I will be halfway to a Buffalo Bills level of achievement... Just like Lebron, the Apples can't win the big one...

Number 15:
Side Thoughts:
I will try to find at least one more way to circumvent the rules of fantasy football.
Death will threaten bodily harm to Alec before, during and after their week 5 matchup.
Pitz will somehow get 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft again.
Kirby will NEVER make another fantasy football trade, the pain is too much to bear sometimes.
Jason will start players on Bye Weeks at LEAST 3 times.
Stilt will keep everyone from being destroyed by a nuclear reactor, but his fantasy football performance will suffer.

So what have we accomplished here? Well nothing really, I got to experience the feeling of putting my thoughts into words (NOT easy to do) and I got to make fun of other people in IDP. Hopefully a little reverse jinx magic has been pulled on Titus. That was really the main objective on this. I think the biggest point from all of this, in IDP it is VERY possible to go from the top to the bottom, or from the outhouse to the penthouse at lightning speeds. The bottom feeders of last year shall be playoff contenders, and playoff teams from the inaugural year may very well serve the beer at Alec's next year. Realistically, we have WAY too much fun with this fantasy football league, and I wanted to try to contribute a little something to it. Let the Games Begin!

2 comments:

  1. I will get 5 picks in the first 3 rounds of the draft, AND I will make the playoffs. Count it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't make the playoffs I get to laugh in your face for 1 minute straight

    ReplyDelete