Wednesday, September 26, 2012

2012 Week 3 Recap

So here I being called out for not doing a blog last week. I'M SORRY!!! How will I ever make amends? Well I can tell you it wont be by writing one this week. I'm giving that responsibility to Dan and Hittner again. Please read and enjoy, TAKE IT AWAY DAN!!!
 
 
Where was the week 2 recap?  "Oh sorry I was just busy trying to lock up the first Orioles post season since 1997 (according to what I Googled)" - Matt Death.  That's right!  We were 14 years old (Titus and Will were 18)!  I don't know where I was going with this other than to point out the fact that the O's are doing awesome and Titus and Will are old.  Fun FIFA week this most recent week.  Hittner and Pitz earned themselves a free copy of this years cocaine placed in a plastic DVD case stamped with Messi's head and Dan/Death have to pay $120 for their fix.  Now, on to the league!  Starting at the top of the standings Hittner and I (Dan) will try to keep you amused while we eagerly await the return of the commish.

Y'all Must of Forgot - Hittner - 3-0
Dan's descriptive gif -  "Hey everyone, come see how good I look!"
H - Alright, so I'll be honest here. I specifically requested this as my photo caption. If you think I'm not basking in my week at the top of the standings after suffering through misery in year 2, you are mistaken. I have been very fortunate with some draft choices (C.J. Spiller and Tony Gonzalez especially). I think I have a good team, I don't think I have the best team in IDP, and I don't think I will defeat Pitz this week. But I have had a RB go out in the first half with injury EVERY game this season so far, and 2 of my 3 first round draft picks have been close to useless thus far. I didn't break 100 all of last year, so I'm enjoying the streak while I can. Just hoping to be a factor long-term. Oh, and Yahoo! HATES my team, they still have me projected to finish 7-6...C'mon Man!
D - I'm sure we'll touch on this subject multiple times, but Yahoo's predictions and power rankings, although awesome, are freaking crazy!  I'm #1 in the power rankings.... Pitz is dead last.  Let's think about this.  He just beat me by 35ish?  He's 3-0.  He's projected to go 8-5.  But he's dead last in power rankings?  But I digress.  This is a review of Hittner, not Yahoo.  What's to say about Hittner?  He's living up to his rosterbating hype and I'm terrified of our match-up week 5.  That is all.

Sneaky Fuzzy Italian - Pitz - 3-0
Dan's descriptive gif - Looking strong.... for a little guy
H - Pitz...Oh Pitz...he actually told me pre-draft he intended to go for Matt Ryan (after I told him I was gonna take Eli). After I thought about it I completely agreed with his rationale and he's been a huge part of this team. The Brandon's are solid receivers who have not been spectacular to this point. Pitz is even using a bench spot to hold onto a guy who might not play for several more weeks (Mendenhall) while also having Forte who went out with an injury for several weeks. He scored 120+ last week with a patched together group. Pitz could and should be it for the long haul. But for now, the little baby girl flexing her muscles, doesn't she bear a striking resemblance to our fuzzy Italian friend?
D - Can I honestly say anything bad about a team that just shellacked me?  Best I could do was say he is strong but link a picture of Michelle Tanner flexing.  I honestly thought I had this game and a free copy of FIFA for a third consecutive year. After Andre Brown dropped 25 on me Thursday night, I knew I was screwed.  Pitz may have an ACTUAL (not self proclaimed) viable chance for manager of the year this season.  It takes a lot for me to say that....WAIT, I take it back!

Grundy Grabbers - Alec - 3-0
H - New Years Resolution...Be nicer to Alec...I can do this...I swear. Beast Mode has been all of it...Eric Decker has definitely been Peyton Manninged, Percy is as Percy does, and his quarterback is STILL gay! Ahmad Bradhsaw and Aaron Hernandez are dinged up. All around Alec has a good looking team. Really does make you say wow! He spends 10x as much time preparing to HOST the draft than he does preparing for the actual draft. He went into the draft with “I want Aaron Hernandez and Percy Harvin” as his strategy. And it WORKS! You know he started Kellen Winslow at TE this weekend? You know, a guy who had just been cut, and signed by a completely new team? He just wishes he had a few more Redskins on his team. Though, if he had RGIII, he would be insufferable, if of course, he bothered to send out as many e-mails as the rest of us.
D - I'm taking this one back to Year 1 when Alec was atop the leader board and I said he was "good but not great" and he got all offended and then I won the championship.  I think that's the case this year too.  Don't get me wrong, he's good, but to win this league you have to be great and/or lucky.  Alec lives in the shadow as the all-time #3 in this league, it's just never discussed, probably because the #1 and #2 (Titus and myself) are so widely hated and so open to being hated.  But lets look at some numbers:  All time points - 3rd behind Titus and myself (6 points ahead of Hittner).  All time wins - 3rd behind Titus and myself.  Average league finish - tied with Stilt for 3rd (Really, Stilt?).  The list goes on and on.  The one thing Alec has that none of us do?  And I find this quite impressive.   In the 29 weeks of regular season play, Alec has NEVER had the weeks lowest score.  So all in all will Alec make the playoff's?  Most likely yes.  Is he a legit contender?  Most likely.... no, but he throws a damn good draft party!

4U70B07$ - Titus - 2-1
H - Fucking Titus! Seriously, What the fuck is this team name? He really does just toy with the emotions of the rest of us. Shaving points and losing to our reigning beer bitch was all a part of his master plan. He has 3 players on his bench who I wouldn't even be able to tell you what team they played for. I would honestly question is Shaun Draughn was the name of a REAL football player, or just something Titus snuck onto his roster because he cracked Yahoo's programming codes. He is very Gladiator-esque. In that I think every person in our league looks at a victory over Titus as the biggest trophy on their wall. Peach claimed that this past weekend, ending Titus' winning streak (he tied Jason...FUCKING JASON...for longest winning streak...maybe we wanted Titus to win that, it's embarrassing for Jason to have a record like that in our league). On the bright side, Titus struggles to filed a competent flex player, if someone gets hurt, or you face him on the right bye week, W's can be had. But at full strength, now were all in big trouble. Oh, and fuck Titus!
D - I honestly thought Shaun Draughn was another pseudo name for P. Diddy.  It's not a clothing line?  My complete and utter hatred for Titus is not something that I hide.  Respect the guy?  No, not so much, I just don't like him.  I feel as though the world would be a better place if Titus lost in everything he attempted.  But then when you think about it, when he does lose, he's even more of a dick then when he wins!  He starts hitting you below the belt with personal stuff.  Like "Oh you beat me in putt-putt? Well at least I'm not retarded!".  Ouch Titus, ouch.  So I guess we have the better of the 2 when he's winning?  Wait... Titus... what's that on your foot? ......



PRAYING MANTIS!!!
We now know his weakness!!!  By the way, his team name says "Autobots".

Earn'n and Burn'n - Dan - 2-1
Dan's descriptive gif - You're supposed to win by 30 Yahoo said, you'll do great Yahoo said.... BAM out of nowhere Pitz hits me with 122!
H - Possibly my favorite GIF of the set. WHAM! Truck tire! Dan might have the best team in the league right now, just happened to throw up a ho-hum week when Pitz went OFF! Sitting at 2-1 but a clear contender, as always. Dan has more overall success than anyone in IDP, more wins, more points, more Finals appearances, and a Championship. Yet we all hate Titus. Not Dan. So were all biased in our own ways I suppose. On a random long-term note, Dan doesn't look to be I great position for keepers this offseason ( a problem facing MANY of us). He'll have Gronk! But after that, Dwayne Bowe? Titus Young? Randall Cobb? I am nitpicking here, but I have to reach sometimes to criticize the teams I like the most. So I found something.
D - Thanks.  I'm very well aware of my predicament for keepers.  You're saying that Joique Bell isn't a quality keeper?  I may just pull a Jason and keep my defense!  It's been nice being on top.  But I fear after this season my time may be coming to an end.  Why?  Just the fact that 60% of my points are coming from my keepers (insert Pitz comment where he corrects me and gives actual percentage).  As for this season I just hope to take it week by week, not lose to Jason, and make the playoffs again.  Next up... Stilt.

Rodgers rejects - Will - 2-1
Dan's descriptive gif - Solid start, looks like he's staring at the playoffs this year!
H - With absolutely NO help from the running backs on his roster, Will is in good damn shape. Great QB, Great TE, GREAT WR. Good future keepers. Yahoo is a big fan of him if you check out their projections. Life is good for Will Ray. Only one thing is missing, he hasn't talked any shit via e-mail. Which is basically a requirement around here. He DID inquire about making a trade. But nothing has come from that thus far. I want to write more, but im 90% sure he doesn't even know these words exist.
D - Will - I'll trade you Joique Bell for Aaron Rodgers.  Yes, he's a running back.  No, I don't know what team he's on.  Deal?  I think Will is going to be a bubble team this year despite what Yahoo says.  In that 7-6 or 6-7 range, either just making the playoffs or just missing them.  This makes me happy and sad.  I'm happy to see Will move up the standings and become a better team (he will definitely finish better than anybody else that drafted with a hand written top 100).  I'm sad that our beer bitch will never be as good.  Charles Peach should be ashamed to have even called himself a bartender.  I went into this draft expecting to see him on roller skates, my drink to never be fully empty, shit to be on fire, and not knowing whether to applaud him or to weep because I just witnessed a beautiful performance.  Oh I wept alright, when I had to fill my CHAMPIONS mug on my own!  Twice!

Angry Blackmon - Peach - 1-2
Dan's descriptive gif - PEACH BEAT TITUS!
H - Peach...he sits at 1-2. I dropped 130+ on him a week ago. And yet, he took a W off of Titus this past weekend. His decision to go with MJD at #1 overall looks like a brilliant decision (I agreed with it even back then with him holding out). Demarco Murray has been solid as well. Suddenly Peach, who had nothing in Rbs for the last 2 years, is making it happen with the running game. The namesake of his team (Justin Blackmon) has yet to do anything noteworthy. He owns a Green Bay Running Back, which is basically a wasted roster spot. He currently rosters 3 QB's as well. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but he took a big W, and is obviously capable of big weeks, and wins over anybody. But the season-long projection doesn't look good with the roster composed this way. But I am no expert, so who the fuck knows. I DO know, that I pretty much re-enacted that Anchorman scene when Peach beat Titus last weekend (let's see how many times I can mention that this weekend...I'll probably get handed my ass by 60+ when I face Titus later this season...)
D - Okay, I was mean to Peach before because of his absolutely awful beer bitching abilities (honestly though... it was SOOOO bad).  I think we missed the most important thing here.  HE BEAT TITUS!  Suck it Titus!.  I do however see Peach battling with Will for that final playoff spot.  Solely happy with that outcome.  Happy again to see people climb the league ladder and ECSTATIC that I will not have to endure such a poor beer bitch performance in my life again!
H - Point output cut in half in one week. Michael Vick got the dreaded “vote of confidence” this week. What kind of long-term prospects exist here? I projected Jason to be the beerbitch at next years draft, and I still think that he is a strong candidate for that (although NOT the only candidate). When I look at Jason's team, I see strong potential players, maybe they just don't like playing for Jason?
D - I have to disagree with Hittner here.  No I don't see Jason making the playoffs,but I don't see him being beer bitch,  I see more like 4-9.  The reason being exactly the gif I gave him.  You have no idea what he's going to do next.  After he put up 82 in week 1 I said "I don't see him scoring much more than that this season".  Then he drops 119 on  Kirby (seriously, will he catch a break ever?).  Week 3 is more of what I expected out of him for the season.  But as we've all learned with Jason, you just never know what he's going to say or do next.  I think I speak for all of us when I say I love that about him.

Cactus Wranglers - Lars - 1-2
Dan's descriptive gif - "I have a losing record?" - Lars
H - PERFECT gif for Lars. Does he even know he's playing fantasy football anymore? Is Stafford's injury serious? Does Lars know this happened? Is he aware that Leshoure went OFF in his first NFL action? How many of his own players do you think Lars could name off the top of his head? 5? 6? 8? Trent Richardson looks like he might be all of it. But two games against the Ravens and Steelers will be a challenge for him...I had the Shonn Greene experience last year, that was not pleasant for me at all, I am sure Lars is not enjoying it either. Demaryius Thomas was he #1 receiver in Fantasy through 2 weeks, Peyton likes him quite a bit so far it seems. That could be an excellent potential longterm star in IDP...Hopefully Lars pays attention and manages his team well, it is an absolute playoff contender.
D - I feel like we have these same questions every year, mostly from the guys that don't play soccer with Lars.  Is Lars alive?  Should we include him in league emails?  Does Lars even know how to read or is all of this time I take out of doing my job a waste?  All jokes aside it is a nice added personality (or lack there of) to have in the league.  We all fit into our own niche and it wouldn't be the greatest league in the world if we didn't.  Oh... um... Lars' team is okay but he won't win the title this year.  He did change his name though.

corn on the kolb - Kirby - 0-3
H - This is getting a little ridiculous. He is in a near dead heat with our commissioner for most points scored against. 3 consecutive years Kirby puts out teams with lots of good players, and consistently scores points. Yet, he loses matchups. His collection of Wide Receivers is tremendous, his Running Backs are good, when Antonio Gates actually plays he has a good Tight End. It just doesn't make sense that this roster is 0-3. By all rights Kirby should be a playoff contender. Yet who knows if he will ever appease the fantasy gods, and start to get a few more W's. One bright spot for Kirby, he always plays well against Hittner, undefeated against Hittner in IDP so far. Just sayin...
D - He plays well against Hittner AND brews delicious beer.  Did you guys see on Facebook last night he was kegging a vanilla bean porter?  I fucking love vanilla bean porters!  I wish I could soak in a bath of vanilla bean porter if it weren't such a waste of amazing beer!  Of course there's no reason for him to be 0-3.  He gets us drunk every year at the draft with out us giving him a cent.  Is that not a good enough sacrifice to the gods!?  I suppose we'll never know.  Just like Kirby's fantasy results, what goes on inside his head is a conundrum.  I don't know what that's supposed to mean, I just wanted to use the word conundrum.  For those curious, Conundrum is also a winery that makes a delicious white.  Don't try the red though, it's as gross as Kirby's 0-3 record.

Regester Regulators - Death - 0-3
Dan's descriptive gif - One word
H - I feel really bad about this one. Did I jinx the fuck out of this team or what? The amazing thing is, LOOK at that roster and tell me it's not full of outstanding players. RGIII, Julio Jones, Miles Austin, Ryan Mathews, Martellus Bennett, Greg Jennings, Torrey Smith...How do you go 0-3 to start the season with that group? Oh right, through 3 weeks Death has had 351 points scored against him! Nearly 120 per week average...OUCH! Maybe my preseason projections and predictions put a HUGE target on his back. Regardless, you don't want to face this team, there is talent everywhere. Eventually they might get their shit together. If not Death might do his Warren G impression and start “regulating” some of his IDP opponents.
D - "Talent on his roster Death does have." - Yoda.  He owns 3 of the top 6 WR's in the league, the top QB, and a top 5 TE.  How that correlates into and 0-3 record... I have no idea.  "One thing that doesn't lie is numbers" - Marc Pitonzo (same height as Yoda).  In the first 3 weeks of the league Matt "Death" Death is a combined  4-29 against the league.  Lets take a look at previous years through week 3.  Year 1 - Will Ray: 7-26 against the league.  Ended up: Beer Bitch.  Year 2 - Charles Peach: 4-29 against the league.  Ended up: Beer Bitch.  The numbers speak the truth and his future looks inevitable.... beer bitch.

FreshPrincesofBelAir - Stilt - 0-3
H - Stilt is a really nice guy...I could just stop there...I'll try a little harder. His team, not doing so hot. Cam Newton is not dropping huge weeks like last year. Andre Johnson has mostly been cold (except for week 3). Wes Welker struggled against everyone but the Ravens so far. Isaac Redman sucks (theres a reason he went to Bowie State). He even drafted the WRONG NYG backup running back.. Oh and his snipe of Ogletree during the opening game of the season has done nothing for him. Pole position for beerbitch right now. Barring some significant improvements by his key players and returning keepers, he might maintain a stranglehold on that position all season. 3 weeks is too early to write off a season, but he may already be planning ahead to next season very shortly.
D - Talk shit about the guy I'm playing this week?  Yeah right.  Oh he's dead last?  I don't care, I'm still going to sing him praises.  Right now Stilt is just in this lull because he took advantage of that whole Ogletree situation.  After this week it will all pan out and he'll be fine.  Don't worry about Stilt (who should change his name to " The Ice King" or simply "Ice King" or maybe "Ice Ice BITCH!" or even "Yeah I have a pen you can borrow") he'll be fine.  Let's hope he doesn't finish last though because I don't want to drink Smirnoff Ice all day long at the draft next year.  That job is reserved for Jason.... and Kirby.

No comments:

Post a Comment