Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Week 11 Recap

This started out as being just another recap for week 10 along with breaking down all the trades we made. Well holy crap we made alot of trades. The time basically got away from me so here's my week 10 recap: Dan was really good, Jason continues to be really lucky, and I have no idea what Kirby and Titus are going to do week to week. Also, Tebow is awesome. Any questions? No? Good.

9/10/11

Pitz gets: Kellen Winslow, Peach's 6th round pick
Peach gets: Matt Cassel, Jared Cook, Pitz's 7th round pick

Fast forward to right now and the rights to Pitz's 7th round pick is the only thing still in possession of either of these two teams. With that being said, Pitz still wins. Week 1; Cassel and Cook combined for 8 points, week 2; Cassel was on the bench and Cook was dropped, and on week 3; both were dropped. Pitz atleast used Winslow and the draft pick in packages to help him get Tony Gonzalez and Steven Jackson. Not. Even. Close.

Winner: Pitz

9/19/11

Pitz gets: Nate Burleson, Hittners 9th round pick
Hittner gets: Dexter McCluster, Pitz 10th round pick

Ah memories. No, no, seriously guys Nate is gonna break out, look at the preseason rankings!!! Yea, and McCluster is going to have his chance to breakout in his new starting role (aka Pitz's two year prophecy). At the time, yes this made sense...but now I just don't care. I'll give it to Hittner because I can't give Pitz another win this soon (since I know another is coming).  Plus AD did lose Jamaal Charles so I think he was in step 3 of grief, bargaining. "It's ok, Dexter will just fill the same role. He can be Jamaal. I know he can!"

Winner: Hittner

9/20/2011

Hittner gets: James Starks
Titus gets: Jordy Nelson

I'm not gonna lie. At the time I thought this was a no brainier for Hittner. Down the road Starks was gonna start getting more touches and Jordy was a #4 receiver. Now here we are two months later and its a no brainier. Jordy, Jordy, Jordy, Jordy.

Winner: Titus

9/27/2011

Peach gets: LeGarrette Blount
Pitz gets: Hakeem Nicks

Another at the time was a good move, but in the end...clear winner. LeGarrette struggled to get time with Tampa due to them constantly playing from behind and then had injury problems later (we'll get to that later). Nicks has had some injury problems as well, but overall has been a good complement for Pitz.

Winner: Pitz

9/28/2011

Larsen gets: Marques Colston, Hittner's 8th round pick
Hittner gets: Tony Romo, Larsen's 10th round pick

Lars and Tony never hit it off. He was mad at me for the trade that we made in the offseason (Romo for a 3rd rounder which became Santonio Holmes, which I can still surprisingly call a win), and had now fallen into a very comfortable relationship with Matthew Stafford. And yet I still look at this like it was just a terrible break up and Larsen jumped into bed with the first competent receiver he could find(yup, let your mind go there). Meanwhile Hittner has the best quarterback on his roster since he borrowed Aaron Rodgers for the playoffs last season and he got that by trading a waiver wire pick up. Hmmm, I don't think about this often, butmaybe that loan trade is the negative karma that killed his season, still don't know mine. 

Winner: Hittner

10/10/2011

Jason gets: LeGarrette Blount, Peach's 4th rounder
Peach gets: Ryan Grant, Jason's 2nd round pick

WOW. I was originally just going to talk about how amazing it was that Jason even made a trade but I did not remember there being a second round pick involved in this. Fortunetly he only loses two rounds to Peach's 4th (actually much more if Jason stays in the #1 position that is a very early 2nd and Peach's would be a very late 4th). Add that to the reaction Jason made after Blount went down to injury when he yelled "I never needed to trade Ryan Grant". Yea, the same Ryan Grant who he cursed about having since day one. I never do these things fair, so when you say dumb things like that you don't win. And I'm still bitter about James Jones getting ONE reception for 9 yards to beat me and then going without a catch a week later.

Winner: Peach

10/11/2011

Death gets: Pitz's 2nd round pick, Peach's 6th round pick
Pitz gets: Steven Jackson, Death's 7th round pick

Steven has more then produced for Pitz, meaning that 2nd round pick stays higher. I will give Pitz the credit of picking up SJax at his lowest value, and making the trade before the running back craze happened. I also remember the story of how this trade happened. Me and Pitz were negotiating back and forth where I first asked for a 2nd rounder for SJax straight up. Pitz would counter offer and I would decline. Eventually Pitz offered the 2nd and 6th that were in the deal for my 7th and 10th along with SJax. I stared at the offer for awhile before I asked him to drop the 10th. Pitz agreed and next thing I know I got the 2nd rounder and jumped up a few spots from the 7th into the 6th. I can see this going either way, but due to the fact that I totally Bugs Bunny'd Pitz I'm giving myself the win.

Winner: Death

10/18/2011

Alec gets: Ahmad Bradshaw
Pitz gets: Alec's 1st round pick

So 7 days after Pitz and I have a pretty even trade for a stud running back for a second round pick, Alec loses his mind and gives up his 1st for a lesser running back. ALEC, COME ON MAN!!! Yes I'm more upset because I have a 2nd and not a 1st, but come on! Since the trade these numbers are; week 7 - Sjax (13.3), AB (bye); week 8 Sjax (31.1), AB (8.8), week 9 Sjax (14.2), AB (0), week 10 Sjax (13.1), AB (0 and on Alec's bench). Yea. Alec lost. Alec lost bad.

Winner: Pitz, because of how bad Alec lost

10/26/2011

Death gets: Chris Johnson, Philip Rivers, 2nd round pick (2012), 5th round pick (2013)

Dan gets: Drew Brees

That is quite the haul. Buying low on two players who in previous years have been top 5 at their position, along with two draft picks, one of which is a 2nd rounder, and its hard to argue against the bounty Death came away with.  Then again when the other side of the deal is a player who is number 3 overall in scoring this season, who averages around 20 points a week, and has another full year left on his contract, well then maybe its not that hard to debate the two sides to the deal. The true winner will be decided over time, obviously waiting to see if CJ?K and Philip Rivers can return to form and if I don't completely botch the second round next year (totally possible), but with that being said I think the guy who puts himself in position to win now usually comes out ahead. God I love Drew.

Winner: Dan

10/26/2011

Titus gets: Maurice Jones-Drew, Hittners 12 round pick

Hittner gets: Joseph Addai, Titus 1st round pick, Titus 6th round pick

I don't know, I think I would rather have MJD over Addai. Oh! Draft picks. Good thing that 12 rounder came into play because I don't think this deal gets done without it. I'm picturing this deal going down with the parameters already set, AD gets the first rounder and Titus gets MJD. Then all of a sudden Titus asks Hittner to throw in the 12 rounder for good measure. This does not go over well with Hittner. He starts throwing things, he's yelling at his dog, he threatens to end the deal!!! Savvy Titus offers Hittner Joseph Addai, but all this does is anger the Hittner more!!! The Hittner doesn't care about players!!! More draft picks!!! Only then did the 6th rounder get involved in the deal, and that's the true story about how this deal came to be. Or Titus was just gonna drop Addai, I'm not sure. Ethier way I think Titus put himself in a good position to win now (always the idea), but a 1st and a 6th may stink a bit of concern for RunDMC. Good work selling high AD...and throwing tantrums. (Side bar, I completely see the hypocracy of me constantly ripping on Hittner for selling off his team, when I have been selling of my team just as long. I just stand by that I was NEVER 3-4 and in the hunt this season. Also would you really want me to use logic and deny you guys the character of obsessed with draft picks Hittner? NO! That would be like Eddie Murphy killing off Buckwheat. Nevermind.)

Winner: Hittner

10/28/2011

Will gets: Cedric Benson

Death gets: 3rd rounder

The 10/28 trades were not as fun as the 10/26. I remember going back and forth over the Brees deal, agreeing to it and then feeling sick to my stomach. It was nerve racking, and Dan felt the exact same way. Just as soon as I thought Dan and I had set a blockbuster that would send tremors throughout the league for years to come, AD and Titus complete a deal that makes my jaw drop. Then the trades of 10/28 happen. I'm not even gonna talk about this deal and I think the winner/loser makes perfect sense.

Winner: Death

10/28/2011

Dan gets: 4th round pick

Titus gets: Owen Daniels

Forgot all about this trade. Forgot all about Dan trying to trade Owen Daniels since week 3. Forgot all about how much of his draft Titus has already traded away. Forgot that Titus had been using Dustin Keller all year long. Forgot that Titus used one of his two first round picks on Dallas Clark. Forgot Dan had Rob Gronkowski....wait nobody forgot about that. Dan has the best tight end in the game (fantasy speaking). Traded a back up. Winner.

Winner: Dan

11/9/2011

Dan gets: Roddy White, Hittners 2nd rounder, Pitz's 10th round pick

Hittner gets: Eric Decker, 1st rounder, 7th rounder

I have no idea here.When the trade first happened Hittner asked me what I thought of the trade and my answer was, "I don't know". I still don't. At first I figured this was a steal for Dan. Trading back less then a full round to get a guy who is an elite wide receiver. Well then I learn that Decker has actually been better then Roddy White this year, but he is easily the most infuriating wide receiver in the game (trust me check out weeks I started him as oppose to weeks he was on the bench. If I start him he was negative, on my bench he puts up 20, I don't get it.). So, Hittner trades up and gets into the first round...again. I, just don't know. Guess that means that when you can't find a winner, you can't find a loser. Good trade boys, good trade.

Winner: Even

11/16/2011

Pitz gets: Tony Gonzalez, 10th round pick

Kirby gets: Kellen Winslow, 6th round pick

Isn't it funny how some players biggest role in our season is how they are involved in trades and not starting lineups? Kellen Winslow was a mainstay on the Tip Drill for most of the year but  now turns into a far more consistent and reliable Tony G. In exchange Kirby gave up a back up tight end to move up 4 rounds in the draft. This is honestly one of the most even trades. I really don't have much else to go over with this one, but I can't do back to back evens can I? Screw it, I can.

Winner: Even

11/17/2011

Pitz gets: Tony Romo, Eric Decker, Death's 4th round pick

Death gets: Micheal Vick, Death's 7th round pick (from Pitz)

Hittner gets: Tim Tebow, Hakeem Nicks, Death's 5th round pick

Oh yea! This happened! Going over this deal all day more or less drained me from a mental stand point. Trying to find a deal to make two people happy is difficult enough, but three stubborn bastards? Well that just seems impossible. The funnies part about this deal to me is that it marks the 3rd time Tony Romo was traded, the second time Eric Decker, Micheal Vick and Hakeem Nicks have all been traded. We even had a twice traded draft pick in this deal. Guess it's fair to say nobody was overly committed to anyone in this deal. I love some key points of the trade for some of us. Pitz getting Romo for the rest of his playoff run (Vick had hurt ribs and nobody can win with Matt Hasselback) and Hittner getting a keeper and an extra draft pick. Fortunately I am in the head of Death so I understand what the end game of this trade was, but at first glance I'm going to say that for a team that already has Philip Rivers, trading that much for Vick doesn't make sense. All in all I think everyone did well but I'm getting tired of picking even.

So, who expected a lame three way joke in there? Happy to disappoint.

Winner: Hittner

11/17/2011

Death gets: 1st round pick
Jason gets: Micheal Vick, 11th round pick, 12th round pick

Endgame! Another deal I actually love (outside of my inclusion). In the end I traded a waiver wire pick up, a 4th and 5th round pick to get into t he first round again. Jason meanwhile gets a player whom he has coveted as much as he has hated Ryan Grant. It does put him at a bit of a predicament that he will not have a 1st or 2nd round pick, but he will have Vick for the rest of this season when Eli Manning has to start facing the tough part of his schedule. I wanna give myself the win, but I'll say the 11th and 12th rounders make it a push. (Yup! There is sarcasm!!!) Although this deal did finish up my trade deadline moves with two 1st rounders, three  2nd rounders, and two 3rd rounders. So many rookie running backs to waste them on! Jason, I'm just doing this because I feel i need to win something this year, since it sure hasn't been fantasy football matchups (and if there had been actual scoring we both would have gotten failing grades, but yours would have been just a fraction better then mine. NOT BITTER AT ALL!!!)

Winner: Death

11/18/2011

Stilt gets: Reggie Bush
Hittner gets: 6th round pick

Bravo to Stilt here. This would have been a perfect opportunity for Hittner to jack up the asking price for a red hot Reggie Bush to a desperate team trying to make the playoffs who couldn't field a starting running back for his match-up. Which I honestly believe he did. I have no idea how the bargaining went, but this deal comes across as even or maybe even a bit towards Stilt. So, when the hell did Stilt talk to anyone? How did he make this trade happen? Did Hittner contact him? Is Stilt much savvier then we/I give him credit for? There were a lot of trades that surprised me this season, and yet somehow this one manages to be towards the top of my list. The top of my list was the Bradshaw deal. I hate Alec.

Winner: Stiltner

WOW! Ok that was alot. Atleast it felt like it to me, hopefully it didn't for you, the reader, because that would mean I'm doing a terrible job...at more then just fielding a competitive team. I don't know what stage it is when you start using humor to cope with your loss (the entire season in my case) but I'm there now (I'm calling it acceptance. HOORAY ACCEPTANCE!!!). Anyway there is no shot in hell that I am going to do the whole trade breakdown and then do team by team recaps. I don't get paid enough for that kind of madness, and besides it will basically be week 14 by the time I finish. So here's a few one hitter quitters before I wrap this up.

Jason - Call him lucky and he goes and bitch-slaps the whole league. Guy makes trades and wins now. There you go Jason, I complemented you, now expect your whole season to fall apart.

Pitz - As pointed out to me today, Pitz has not clenched a playoff spot yet. Could Pitz actually not make the playoffs? Do you still get GM of the year award if that happens?

Dan - Ok, we would all feel alot better if Micheal Bush would come back to reality. This is just uncalled for.

Titus - Titus would feel alot better then all of us if Micheal Bush would come back to reality, and RunDMC would start playing again.

Alec - No AllDay, and a must win game against Will. SO EXCITING!!! Atleast he has Bradshaw for these type of situations (I fully plan on wearing out Alec the way I tried to wear out Jason and Lars about not taking Forte. Seriously you assholes, why would you not have drafted Forte???)


Stilt - I just played the guy and I have no idea who is on his team. Seriously. Middle of the pack is perfect for him. Ahhhhh. Right. He has Cam Newton. Now he's screaming out, OH BOY!!!


Lars - Wasn't he just 3rd? This playoff race is awesome (other then my absence of course, ACCEPTANCE). I like to think that he would still be in 3rd if not higher if he had Forte. How's Miles Austin's hammy working out?


Will - Yup, I like to think the plummet of this team is directly related to my endorsement. Ah well, considering he still hasn't paid his dues for this season I'd say its karma.


Kirby - He plays Titus this week. If both teams break 200 or neither breaks 10 I wouldn't be surprised. I'm most excited for this matchup.


Hittner - Fact. I like Tebow more then Hittner does. Fact. It is really fun rooting for Tebow when you have 0 invested in him.


Peach - Never would have expected this pesky sonofabitch to put up such a fight to avoid last place. It's become rather frustrating at this point. (Fun fact. When I just typed in sonofabitch as one word spell check had nothing to say about it. Basically, jumbotron is considered an incorrect word, but sonofabitch is perfectly normal word. Hmmm is Sawyer in charge of spell check?)


Death - My team is in last. I haven't talked about wrestling yet. Here, enjoy this nugget since I ABSOLUTELY SUCK!!!


Now I head to bed, remembering the terrifying words that were spoken over and over again in Ottawa Canada when Pitz and I went up there for the NHL draft; "WE HAVE ANOTHER TRADE!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment